Our front room is wall-to-wall windows with a vaulted ceiling. Envious, I know. And so were the ruffly, evergreen window dusters we inherited from the previous owners.
Country bumpkin. And layered in dust.
They had to go.
Mark, once again, saved the day. We ripped down the hardware and the fabric (which I still have if any of you want it) and bought four lovely alder planks, one for each window. Each plank received a few cuts and we assembled [ shaped wood boxes to attach to the existing window moulding. Mark mounted them Sunday night and they look lovely.

We will stain them eventually, we're just debating if we should stain ALL of the window moulding to match our floor & entry way (red tones) or keep the pine look around the windows to match the exposed beam in the ceiling (you can see it in the window reflection). Decisions, decisions. Any input from you designers out there?
We also revisited the mantel design. We revamped the proportions and got the mantel beveled. Now we need to cut the fancy trim and finish it. And we probably need different decor than DeWalt drills.

Til next time!
If you stain the window wood to match the floor and entry way, would you also stain the beam? That seems like a lot of work involving heights, so I think I'd say, just keep the beam and window wood all similar in color.
ReplyDeleteAnd I think replacing the DeWalt collection (stylish as it may be) requires at least one trip to Pier1 ;)
ooh! I like both ideas.
ReplyDeleteLooking fantastic guys!
ReplyDeleteI would keep your beams and woodwork around the window to match, and have your floor have it's own personality! They'll all work together fantastic in the end!!!
Miss you guys!
I vote for Mandy's option. I would stain the [ to match the existing beam. I will miss those curtains. They added the perfect touch to your 1970's cabin feel. Well I guess it wasn't quiet there anyway, like you said you are missing the bear skin rug.;) I think the house is looking fabulous! Are you a drywall/mudding pro yet?
ReplyDelete