Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Life, etc.

I recently had a request for a personal update on general happenings. In no particular order:

I won a homebrew contest on April 10. It was the 2nd annual Real Salt Lake Section 26 home opener brewing competition. I won with a California Common (that's the style of Anchor Steam, in case you aren't familiar with it) and must say it was delicious!! In my acceptance speech, I vowed to put it on my new mantel...and there it sits.




Yes. That's a 5 gallon keg with a handle on top. And even more hilarious...Mark and his buddies are the competition organizers so I spent that morning cleaning this bad boy. Doesn't it sparkle?We had a full house for the game. Both of my siblings and their love buddies joined us for post game fun.


On a more professional note, I am presenting at the AERA conference in Denver May 3 & 4. This falls right in the middle of finals week = rather stressful.

I come home just in time for summer break! Oh wait. That's right...I don't get a break. I have a 1 week stats class starting Saturday May 8. And that unfortunately is the day my dear sister is graduating! Congrats Hai Mo! Other summer plans involve working at Pearson and continuing grant work at the U. I am also headed to the Intelligent Tutoring Systems conference in June and hopefully an intelligent tutoring camp in July, both in Pittsburgh.

Otherwise, Mark is loving his work at the brewery. He now works in the cellar mostly cleaning tanks (he was formerly in the warehouse and distribution). Hudson is now 4.5 but still acts like a puppy.

In general, we stay incredibly busy. Enjoy the influx of greenery in my house. Cannot wait to these babies in the ground outside...I am out of window sills.







5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your win! Both the keg trophy and the mantle look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah-hem....I believe some one else spent the morning cleaning your trophy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be fair, Hailey did razor blade it. By the way, you missed a spot... ;)

    ReplyDelete