You may have heard about this on the news but I am proud to say that I heard about it from my very own employer: Pearson. Today was the Read for the Record event organized by Jumpstart, an early childhood literacy program. This event is a huge effort to raise awareness about the importance of literacy and reading activities for young children. This event has been an annual world record setter--and breaker--since 2006. I am happy to report that I have been participating in this event, sponsored by Pearson Foundation, since its inception.
Today I read the beloved Very Hungry Caterpillar to 140 kindergartners and first graders at Roosevelt Elementary. For those of who are legitmately concerned about how this was accomplished by someone deathly afraid of children, I was supervised by none other than Ms. Kenna Robinson. And we all survived. Thanks to everyone who participated today!
Way to go Lisa! You are so good with kids. I bet they just loved you at Roosevelt.
ReplyDelete